- If the student has an IEP, but you have sigificant concerns, do the following:
- Determine if the issues you are concerned about are addressed in the student's IEP goals (refer to the student's accommodation form).
- If YES, then...
- make sure you review their accommodations and think about whether you are providing the appropriate accommodations on a regular basis.
- contact the student's case manager to find discuss other strategies you can use to support the student.
- If NO, then...
- refer the student to your IDT team for discussion to implement a Tier 1a intervention for the area that is NOT addressed in their IEP
- OR, you can devise one independently, just let your team know what supports you will be putting in place for the student.
If you are having significant concerns about a Special Education student, always make sure you talk to their case manager.